It has long been known as one of the most popular holiday destinations on the East Coast, Wildwood, New Jersey, there are plenty of attractions and activities that continue to satisfy and delight visitors a year, and year. The city was founded in the late 1800s and almost immediately became a popular tourist destination. With its numerous hotels, which still demonstrates the excellent quality Doo-Wop, as well as the famous pavement, Wildwood unique features not only conventional attributes, which can be found in the resort beach, but also additional things. holiday really special. Here are ten little-known facts about Wildwood, New Jersey.
1. Pierce Murray – one of the most famous sights of the city of Wildwood. There are more than a hundred amusement rides and attractions, including roller coasters, the tallest wheel Ferris on the east coast, and much more.
2. Since 1970, the area held the annual convention of New Jersey.
3. Before the city was incorporated in 1912, the area that is now called Wildwood, has a place in New Jersey, known as Holly Beach City.
4. World sports teams of high school known as the "wild wood Warriors".
5. In the famous Wildwood sidewalks have no less famous tram car that runs along the entire length and joins the community to North Wildwood. As is well known, "Streetcar" – a train that was first created in the early 1950s.
6. On the sidewalk that runs along the city coast of the ocean, there is a chapel, which holds nightly services that are open to all travelers to the area throughout the summer.
7. Pop singer Bobby Rydell sings a song called Days of wild tree, which is about the company.
8. The population of the off-season is just over 5,000 residents, and in the summer months it is a rarity when it is filled with more than 200 000 people.
9. The applicant Wildwood home of rock 'n' roll comes from the first place where Bill Haley and His Comets performed the first rock and roll song Rock Around the Clock. It happened at the weekend in a day of remembrance in 1954 at the Hofbrau.
10. One of the largest and most famous beach tournament Ultimate Frisbee takes place every year on the waterfront in Wildwood, New Jersey.
In just one visit to the communities of the Atlantic Ocean it is easy to understand why Wildwood maintains a high level of popularity among tourists for over a century. The city offers a great mixture of nostalgia and modern tourist attractions and features, making sure to suit all lucky enough to plan a trip in the near future. Wildwood, NJ, really & # 39 is one of the true treasures of the north-east.